Being diagnosed with diabetes can be discouraging at the start. Yet, it’s important to remember that diabetes is a manageable disease. There may be no complete cure for diabetes yet, but you can still live a quality life with proper management.
Here are important recommendations you can follow to promote better diabetes management.
- Understand Diabetes.
Diabetes comes in three different types. Each type corresponds to a different health management plan. Furthermore, you are at the frontlines of managing your diabetes condition daily. So, you need to cooperate with your physician, therapists, and our Pharmacy in Cleveland, Ohio. To learn more about diabetes, you can read books, research online, or participate in diabetes support groups.
- Manage the Diabetes A-B-Cs.
Individuals with diabetes also need to manage the following:
- A1C: Blood sugar test good for the previous three months.
- Blood Pressure: High blood pressure may result in a heart attack and stroke.
- Cholesterol: Focus on consuming good cholesterol for better heart function.
- Practice Healthy Daily Habits.
If you already have diabetes, the following habits can help manage the condition:
- Practice meditation to lower stress.
- Get some counseling if you’re feeling down.
- Follow the diabetes diet recommended by the doctor.
- Exercise every day for at least half an hour.
- Take Prescription medicines that help control heart issues.
- Coordinate with doctors and other members of the healthcare team.
- Visit the Doctor Regularly.
It also helps to conduct regular visits to the doctor and check on the following:
- Blood pressure level.
- Checking your feet for wounds.
- Evaluation of weight.
- Monitoring the care plan.
- Getting additional immunizations.
- Undergoing different laboratory tests.
When it comes to implementing diabetes management care, you are the most important person in the team. Ensure that you do your part in learning about diabetes and researching more about the condition.
Don’t forget to share!